Three-year old Program
Research shows the importance of two years of quality pre-school education in the years prior to school. A three year old kindergarten program is an opportunity for children to develop their social, confidence and language skills. Our program is run by a Qualified kindergarten teacher and trained staff. At Chelsea Kindergarten the program offers play based exploration and discovery. Through engaging experiences and meaningful relationships children are able to grow in confidence for future learning.
- Children must turn 3 years of age by 30 April in the year of commencement. You are able to enrol after your child turns 2.
- Children must have turned 3 before they are eligible to attend their first session. If you child has not yet turned 3 but you wish to reserve a place in the program, full payment of fees from first day of Term One is required.
- Children who turn 3 between January and April of the year they are to attend are strongly recommended to discuss their options with the kindergarten teacher in regard to commencing or delaying starting kinder. This is to consider looking ahead to your child’s readiness for 4 year old kindergarten and school. All children are entitled to one year of funded 4 year old kindergarten, and as such there are very strict guidelines regarding accessing a second year of 4 year old kindergarten (eg medical condition). We welcome you to contact us to arrange a discussion with the 3 year old Teacher to discuss your child’s readiness for kindergarten.
- As no funding from the government currently is received for this program, parents/guardians must pay full fees in advance. This covers the cost of wages, insurance, materials and amenities to run the program.
- Contact Chelsea Kindergarten on 9772-2788 or email us at email@example.com to receive an application form or download one here. Complete the form and submit it, together with a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate and Immunisation History Statement, to Chelsea Kindergarten. You will then be contacted by the Enrolments Officer who will finalise your enrolment. There is no fee to submit an application.
- Preference is given to children who turn three years of age by the 1st January of the year of commencement.