Three-year old Program
Research shows the importance of two years of quality pre-school education in the years prior to school. A three year old kindergarten program is an opportunity for children to develop their social, confidence and language skills. Our program is run by a Qualified kindergarten teacher and trained staff. At Chelsea Kindergarten the program offers play based exploration and discovery. Through engaging experiences and meaningful relationships children are able to grow in confidence for future learning.
- Children must be three years of age by 30 April in the year they commence kindergarten. You are able to enrol after your child turns two.
- Children must have turned three before they are eligible to attend their first session. If you child has not yet turned 3 but you wish to reserve a place in the program, full payment of fees from first day of Term One is required.
- Children who turn three between January and April of the year they are to attend are strongly recommended to discuss their options with the kindergarten teacher in regard to commencing or delaying starting kinder. This is to consider looking ahead to your child’s readiness for 4-year-old kindergarten and school.
- All children are entitled to two years of subsidised kindergarten, and as such there are very strict qualifications that must be met to receive any additional years of kindergarten. We welcome you to arrange a discussion with the 3-year-old Teacher to discuss your child’s readiness for kindergarten.
|How to apply|
Registration through the City of Kingston Central Registration Scheme will be accepted 1 May the year prior to the child being eligible for funded kindergarten. A Registration Form must be completed and received by the Kindergarten Central Registration Officer either online or in person at a City of Kingston Customer Service Centre. At the time of submitting an application, a non-refundable fee is required to be paid to Kingston City Council. There is no charge for Concession Card holders.
Parents and guardians must provide the following documentation when submitting a Registration Form to demonstrate:
- Proof of the child’s date of birth (E.g. copy of birth certificate, birth extract, or a copy of the Child’s Health Record accompanied by a Statutory Declaration verifying your child’s date of birth to be true and correct)
- Current proof of child’s residential address (E.g. copy of parent/guardian’s license, rates notice or amenities bill [issued within the last three months] that includes the parent/guardian’s name and address).
And where required or requested provide the following documentation:
- Proof of registered child or sibling’s prior connection to the service (E.g. acceptance or confirmation letter from the kindergarten, receipt for fees paid or a graduation certificate, statutory declaration);
- Copy of a valid concession card (E.g. Health Care Card or Pension) or visa; and
- Current proof of working, studying or using childcare in the City of Kingston (pay slip, enrolment notice or childcare payment advice).
Council will send a letter of offer to parents via email in mid-July of each year. The offer must be accepted by the date stated in the letter, otherwise it will be deemed you are declining the offer and the space will be allocated to another child.
Once we receive the allocation list from Council, we will contact families by email requesting you to confirm your enrolment with us. You will receive regular email updates from us regarding the enrolment process, including payment of the non-refundable Annual Membership fee of $200 ($100 Concession rate). Payment of this is required to confirmed your enrolment at the kindergarten.
For detailed information about how kindergarten placements are allocated by Council please read Central-Registration-Scheme-Allocation-Procedure-2021.
If you need any assistance please contact the kinder on 9772-2788 or email the Enrolments Officer at email@example.com