2020 FEE SCHEDULE
- 3-year Old Term Fees $440
- 4-year Old Term Fees $425
- Yearly membership non refundable fee of $200 per child per program
Payment of Fees
Term fee due dates for 2020 are listed below:
- Term 1: payable by 27/1/20
- Term 2: payable by 27/4/20
- Term 3: payable by 27/7/20
- Term 4: payable by 26/10/20
Fees are paid directly to Chelsea Kindergarten via the following methods:
- QKR! (pronounced ‘quicker’ by MasterCard), the secure and easy way from your smartphone (android and iPhone) at a time and place that suits you.
- Direct Deposit – reference numbers MUST be included in the description field to identify your payment. Reference numbers can be found on your invoice.
We also offer payment plans to families experiencing financial hardship. Families can email the Kindergarten Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a payment plan.
Kindergarten Membership Fee
This payment secures a child’s place at the service and is payable on acceptance of enrolment. Families eligible for the Kindergarten Fee Subsidy (see below) are not required to pay the full Membership Fee. Families experiencing hardship should also discuss any difficulties with the service. The membership fee covers all administration and building maintenance costs.
If you have a current concession card, your child may be eligible for free or low cost kindergarten as part of the Victorian Government’s continued commitment to early childhood education.
If you have one of the following concession cards, you are entitled to the Kindergarten Fee Subsidy:
|· Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card
· Asylum Seeker Bridging Visa A–F
· Temporary Protection/Humanitarian Visa 447, 451, 785 or 786
|· Refugee and Special Humanitarian Visa 200–217 Resolution of Status Visa, Class CD, Subclass 851
· Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
· Triplets or quadruplets attending kindergarten in the same year
To receive discounted kindergarten fees please submit a photocopy of your concession card and return with fee agreement or produce at the kindergarten for sighting.
If fees are not paid by the due date, the following steps will be taken.
- An initial reminder letter will be sent to parents/guardians with a specified payment date, and will include information on a range of support options available for the family.
- Where payment is still not received, families will be invited to attend a meeting to discuss the range of support options available and establish a payment plan.
- Failure to attend the meeting and continued non-payment may result in a second and final letter notifying parents/guardians that the child’s place at the service may be withdrawn unless payment is made or a payment plan is entered into within a specified period of time. This letter will also include information on a range of support options available for the family.
The Committee of Management will continue to offer support and will reserve the right to employ the services of a debt collector. If a decision is made to withdraw the child’s place at the service, the parents/guardians will be provided with 14 days’ notice in writing.
Chelsea Kindergarten reserves the right to suspend a child’s access to kindergarten in the event of overdue fees.
If a family becomes eligible for the Kindergarten Fee Subsidy during a term, a full refund of the applicable term fees (and refundable bond, see ‘other charges’) will be provided. Fees may still apply for programs offering more than the required minimum hours per week.
In any other case, fees are non-refundable (exceptional circumstances may apply – these are at the discretion of the Committee of Management). There will be no refund of fees in the following circumstances:
- a child’s short-term illness
- public holidays
- family holiday during operational times
- closure of the service for one or more days when a qualified educator is absent and a qualified reliever is not available
- closure of the service for staff training days
- closure of the service due to extreme and unavoidable circumstances.
In addition, there will be no refund where a family chooses not to send their child to the program for the maximum number of hours for which they are enrolled.
Late Collection of Children
If a parent fails to pick up a child 15 minutes after the conclusion of the session, kindergarten staff will contact the parents and/or guardians in the first instance and then those on the child’s parent-authorised pick up list (from the enrolment form) to collect the child.
If the child has not been collected within 60 minutes of the conclusion of the session, and staff are unable to contact the parent or a person on the authorised pick up list, kindergarten staff will contact Child FIRST (Child and Family Information, Referral and Support Teams) or the local police and advise them of the situation. If this occurs, the child may be collected by a Community Services Representative and the parent will be required to liaise with Child FIRST to arrange to pick up their child.
Late collection charge
The Committee of Management reserves the right to implement a late collection charge when parents/guardians are frequently late in collecting a child (refer to Fee information for families). The late collection charge is $20 for each 15 min block.
Please read Chelsea Kindergarten’s Fee Policy for more information.